dying trees - Knowledgebase Question

Fremont, Ca
Question by daphnehuang
The trees start to die one after another in my yard. It started one and spread to others of the same kind. The leaves first turned yellow and then the branches on top turned balck until finally the tree looked obviously dead. I don't know the tree's name, but suspect there is some kind of infestation in our area or can termite be the culprit ?

0

Without knowing what type of trees are being affected, I don't know whether it is an insect population moving from tree to tree or if it's a disease. There can even be a problem if the roots of separate trees have grown into one another and one tree becomes diseased - the roots of the other tree can pick up the infection, too. Try to find out what kinds of trees they are and take a few samples of small branches, stems and leaves into your cooperative extension office. Local extension agents will know if there's a problem with insects or diseases affecting certain kinds of trees in your area. Contact University of California Alameda County Cooperative Extension, 1131 Harbor Bay Parkway Suite 131. Alameda, CA 94502.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"