beebaum seeds collecting and planting - Knowledgebase Question

Marblehead, Ma
Question by jodymagee
I want to collect some of my beebaum flowers' seeds to plant in the spring. When do the seeds form? The tops of the flowers that have just lost their blossoms,the dome looking thing, don't appear to have any seed in the little shafts. Please advise me. Thank you. Also, can I save and plant shasta daisy tops after the blossoms are gone. How do I properly do that?

0

Now that the petals have fallen off the bee balm flower, you only need to wait for the seeds to ripen and the seed head to turn a tannish brown. This can take several weeks so just wait and watch. When the seed head is dry you can clip it off the plant, turn it upside down in a paper envelope, and the seeds will fall out. Allow them to dry for another week and then seal the envelope and place it in an airtight container. Store your seeds in a cool, dark place. Next spring you can plant the seeds. Shasta daisies do not develop seeds. If you want more Shasta daisy plants, you can divide your Shasta daisy next spring by digging it up and cutting it into several pieces. As long as each division has roots with stems attached, they will grow into new plants. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"