Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

roswell, Ge
Question by plhawkins
Do I need to put in a sprinkling system if I am putting a new sod lawn? What is the best zoysia grass to for this area? What is the average price psf I should pay for installation of zoysia?

0

Emerald, El Toro, and Empire zoysia are the cultivars recommended by the University of Georgia for planting in your gardening region. You do not need to install a sprinkler system if you're installing a new lawn but it you think you might want to have a sprinkler system sometime in the future, it's easier to install one before the lawn is installed. If you don't want a sprinkler system, that's okay, too. I can't quote a price for sod and installation but you can get estimates from the lawn companies in your area. Just measure your lawn area and phone some local companies. They can give you estimates based upon the total square feet of lawn you want installed. Good luck with your new lawn.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"