leyland cypress - Knowledgebase Question

albuquerque, Ne
Question by rob20mgt21
Hi, I live in Abq, NM & planted 3, 5ft. leyland cypress' in the spring. They are planed in a sunny area,& have been feed & given root stimulator & plenty of H2O, but they are looking sickly??? In the past I've tried growing Italian cypress' in the same area & encountered the same problems. I don't want to lose them, they are needed for privacy. HELP!

0

About the only problems Leyland Cypresses have is a tendency toward root rot if the soil doesn't drain well. I've found that they can take a full year to establish themselves after transplanting so you may not see new growth until next spring. Just continue to give your plants TLC and be sure to water them deeply once each week during the fall months - or as long as the ground remains unfrozen. I hope they perk up and begin to grow for you next spring.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"