corn - Knowledgebase Question

Villa Rica, Ge
Question by barras1432
For two years I tried growing corn. I plant them straight in the ground. The stalks dont get thick. The ears dont get bigger than 3 inches. I live in Georgia with red clay. I mixed alot of miracle grow soil and this year I added lime. Nothings changed. Some helpful tips please.

0

You may be planting too late or too early in the season. Corn grows according to the day length and if it is hot and you have long hours of sunshine, corn can grow tall but then fail to produce ears. Some of the best varieties for Georgia include Bodacious, Honey Select, Triple Sweet, Mirai and Golden Queen. For an in-depth discussion of growing corn, check out the following publication from the University of Georgia: http://pubs.caes.uga.edu/caesp...

I hope it offers helpful tips so you can grow corn and have a terrific harvest.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"