Lawns - Knowledgebase Question

Orlando, Fl
Question by yusmarifajar
I have weeds and I put weedkiller two weeks ago, I still have more weeds and there is a areas with brown color, with insects. The grass is very bad. What can I do? How often can I use the weedkiller. Thanks,
Yusmari

0

Not all weed killers are safe to use on all lawns so make sure you're using the correct product. The most commonly grown turfgrasses in Florida are bermuda and St. Augustine. The products safe for bermuda lawns include Ortho Weed-B-Gon Weed Killer For Lawns, Southern Ag Lawn Weed Killer with Trimec, Ace Spot Weed Killer, Ortho Basic Solutions Lawn Weed Killer, and Bayer Advanced Southern Weed Killer for Lawns.
Vigoro Ultra Turf Weed and Feed is also for Bermuda

If you have St. Augustine, Ortho? Weed-B-Gon Weed Killer for St. Augustine Lawns, or Scotts? Bonus S Weed and Feed for Southern Lawns are safe for St. Augustine.

You can apply according to label directions and re-apply according to the instructions on the label. Be sure to give the product time to work - it can take up to 30 days for it to completely kill all the weeds. If you use too much weed killer you can also kill your lawn.

You'll want to put your lawn on a regular watering, mowing and fertilizing schedule to help it thicken up so it can crowd out weed seeds. Be sure to water once or twice a week to help it green up. Good luck with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Aster and Sedum"