Transplanting Chinese fringe flower - Knowledgebase Question

LaGrange, Ge
Question by kimtombob
I planted 7 Chinese Fringe Flower shrubs about 5-6 yrs ago not knowing how big they would grow. I want to move them back about 3 ft..is this a good time or am I going to lose them. I loosened the dirt around 1 and it didn't seem to be rooted too deep and would come out easily. What would you recommend planting in front of them for height and ground cover. Any advice would be helpful.

0

You should be able to move your shrubs without problem. Fall is a good time to dig and transplant; spring is another good time. I'd try to avoid moving them during the hot summer weather, though. How about planting creeping rosemary, liriope, Creeping Thyme, Creeping Sedum, Carolina or Swamp Jessamine vine, Creeping Raspberry, or Blue Star Creeper as a ground cover?

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"