strawberry plant not producing - Knowledgebase Question

suffern, Ne
Question by lauradeptula
i have three strawberry plant in large pots on my deck, one is producing 5-7 strawberries daily - this plant is from last year and also produced a lot last summer, the other 2 plants i bought this spring (Bonnie Plants) and potted them the same way, the have lots and lots of green leaves and lots and lots of vines, but no fruit - how can i get them to produce strawberries

0

Your newer strawberry plants will develop flowers and fruits for you next year. I know the wait seems terrible, but once the crowns are mature enough, you'll get lots and lots of berries. Be careful with fertilizer. Too much nitrogen can produce lush, green growth but sometimes at the expense of flowering and fruit. Next spring feed your berries once but hold off on feeding again until they've begun to set fruit. Best wishes with your strawberry plants.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"