yellow leaves on hibiscus plant - Knowledgebase Question

plainview, Ne
Question by lug017
my hibiscus plant is kept on my front stoop and it is increasingly getting more yellow leaves. is it because it is getting too much sun ? or is it getting too much or too little water? thank you in advance for your advice.

0

Without seeing the plant, it's difficult to diagnose! There are two commonly grown hibiscus plants: hardy hibiscus which is also called Rose of Sharon. It has dull green leaves. The second type is tropical hibiscus. It has glossy green leaves. Tropical hibiscus is a winter houseplant in your gardening region. It is evergreen and as such will drop the oldest leaves throughout the summer season. These leaves will be found in the center of the plant and after they drop, new leaves take their places. Rose of Sharon is a deciduous plant so yellowing and dropping leaves is normal in the fall months, especially after your first frost. If the leaves are yellowing in the summer time, it's most likely due to overwatering.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"