Lawns - Knowledgebase Question

Orlando, Fl
Question by yusmarifajar
I live in Orlando,Fl, and I have St Augustin Grass. It have weed, and areas with a big brown spot, there is a big black insect in the grass. What can I do to help the grass. I put two weeks ago week killer, and is brown now, how can I help the grass grow green and thiker.

0

It sounds like your turf has been invaded by chinch bugs. If so, their feeding can cause the lawn to turn yellow and then brown. You'll want to control the insects first, then put your lawn on a regular feeding, mowing and watering schedule to help it recover. Spectracide? Liquid Insecticide Spray will control the insects. Apply according to label directions. Wait a few weeks after applying the insecticide and then use a product to control the weeds. Ortho? Weed-B-Gon Weed Killer for St. Augustine Lawns, or Scotts? Bonus S Weed and Feed for Southern Lawns are safe for St. Augustine. Apply according to label directions. If you use the weed and feed product you won't need to fertilize; if you use the straight weed killer, you'll need to feed your lawn after the weeds die down. Be sure to water your lawn deeply twice a week to help it green up. Good luck with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"