Watering plants - Knowledgebase Question

Lutz, Fl
Question by africacampos
I am going to be gone for
4 days and I bought Aqua Globes for my plants. I was told to bring them in the house since they face West. Will I have wet carpets when I get back, and since they are going to get water, is there a reason to bring them in and not leave them out?
Please advice.
Thank you.

0

I'm not sure why you might need to take your plants indoors if they generally live outside, other than plants in full sunshine can dry out faster than those in the shade. Is there a shady spot outdoors that you can move your plants to while you're gone? I'd vote for simply placing them in a spot outdoors that is protected from hot afternoon sunshine. Aqua Globes will release water into the soil only when the soil needs it so if you do end up taking your plants indoors, you shouldn't have to worry about wet floors. Just to be sure, though, why not put them in a bathtub or shower? Any runoff will go right down the drain instead of on your carpets. When I'm going away for a few days I just use pint sized water bottles and up-end one bottle per 1 or 2 gallon container. Larger pots get two water bottles, uncapped and sunk down into the soil to their shoulders. They supply enough water for about a week. Be sure to completely water each container a few hours before you set the Aqua Globes or water bottles into the soil. Have a nice trip!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"