Persimon Fruit - Knowledgebase Question

West Covina, Ca
Question by sambear9
Even with lot of water and fertilizer,it bears a lot of fruit but it is no bigger than of my grapes. It has been the case in the last 4 years,never
got any bigger than that.
Is mine a different kind/ variety? Need your comment
and advise. Thank you

0

As your persimmon tree grows larger and more mature it will develop larger fruits so time is the answer to the problem. You can coax your tree into developing larger fruits by thinning the fruits just as they are developing. By removing every third fruit, the tree will redirect its energy into developing fewer, but larger fruits. Thin when the fruits are about an inch in diameter. Just as a visual aid, it takes about 10 leaves per fruit for the tree to maintain health and develop each fruit to its full potential. Try thinning the fruits next year and I think you'll see an improvement in fruit size and quality.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"