trans plant natural(wild) evergreens - Knowledgebase Question

Dartmouth, Ma
Question by Stephencook
I have 3 or 4 evergreens that planted themself, whick look very healthy. I would like to move them. Whwn and how best to move them? Hope you can help. Thank you.

0

Volunteer plants that grow from wind-borne seeds typically develop a deeper root system than one that grows from a seed you've planted and carefully tended. With this in mind, dig carefully so you don't accidentally sever the roots of the trees. Fall is a good time to dig and transplant your volunteer trees. Growth will slow and the tree will suffer less transplant shock due to the cooler temperatures and natural rainfall. Be sure to plant each tree at the same soil level as it was growing prior to the move, and water each one well to help settle the soil around the roots. Best wishes with the move!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"