sweet potatoes - Knowledgebase Question

Greensboro, No
Question by Itzyespin
First year growing sweet potatoes,today after watering the plants some roots got expose so I start digging and there was a fat sweet potato I pull it out and several others the thing is that in one plant they're several but not all of the same size so I just pull the biggest one and cover the roots again wondering if this will eventually get larger or I need to wait until all are big?thanks.

0

As long as you covered up the roots, the sweet potatoes will grow larger. You can harvest them when they are large enough but you don't have to harvest them all until just before your first frost of the season. Watch the weather reports. When a freeze is predicted or if the vines die down on their own, you can harvest all those buried treasures. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Dahlia & Water Hyacinth"