gnats - Knowledgebase Question

Colton, Ca
Question by rossai
During the early hours, I begin doing the lawn. Instantly appear many gnats over my face, and body. How can I get rid of these biting gnats.

0

Those little fungus gnats are feeding and breeding in the organic matter at the soil level of your turf. Thatch is perfect for them and all lawns have some thatch. There's no organic way to control them other than to apply a thin layer of sand over the entire lawn, or apply beneficial nematodes. You even might try a mosquito fogger or simply allow the grass and soil to dry out somewhat between waterings. Of course this might result in browning out of your turf so it may not be the best option. As long as there is organic matter just beneath your grass, the gnats will be attracted. Wish I had better a solution for you!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"