What's eating my canna lily blossoms - Knowledgebase Question

Virginia Beach, Vi
Question by austinsmom1
I've found leafrollers on my Canna's but I think I've got that under control. But something BIG is eating chunks out of my canna blossoms, and a few holes in leaves. Is there a systemic that will prevent further nibbling? It's too high to be rabbits.

0

Slugs or snails are about the only critters that will make big holes in canna blossoms. The best defense against these night feeding critters is slug and snail bait. I use the iron based product called Sluggo and sprinkle it at the base of my cannas. It does an efficient job of controlling slugs and snails and it is harmless to people, pets and wildlife. Any product that is not consumed by the critters breaks down into simple iron which is absorbed by the earth. Give it a try and I think you'll find it works as well for you. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Dahlia & Water Hyacinth"