Replant Liriope - Knowledgebase Question

Prairie Village, Ka
Question by blackbird1
Can well established liriope's be successfully moved to another spot now or should I wait until spring? Also-I have some maiden grass that I want to relocate and understand the best time to do that is in early spring. Since those should be cut back in early spring,(as well as the liriope) should I do that before or after I relocate them? Thanks.. Liz Atkinson

0

You can move your liriope and your maiden grass in the fall. Wait until spring to prune your plants back. After moving, water them in well to help settle the soil and expect them to look a little puny until they re-establish their root systems. They'll do that in the late fall and early winter and be ready to grow for you in early spring. Best wishes with your garden.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"