Saving seeds - Knowledgebase Question

Marblehead, Ma
Question by jodymagee
Hello, i'm saving my dried seeds from perennials (cone flower, campion rosa, b-eye-susan, delphenia, beebaum, and balloon flower) for planting next spring. Can I keep all the seeds together in the same paper envelope in the same container? Does the container have to be glass? Am I doing the right thing to save the seeds? Thank you very much, Jody Magee

0

As long as the seeds are dry, you can keep them in separate envelopes in the same container or you can mix them all together and place them in the same container. The container does not need to be glass but I find a jar with a screw top lid is the most airtight container available. Plastic ziploc bags are not as good at keeping out moisture. All of the seeds you mention can be saved and planted in the spring. Hope this answers your question.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"