Flower bed - Knowledgebase Question

Dallas, Te
Question by genevalewis
How wide can a flower bed be? I'm going to plant about 3 rows of shrubs but I'm afraid it's going to be too wide. What are your thoughts?

0

A flower bed can be as narrow or as wide as you'd like to make it - or as your plants require. Check the mature widths of your shrubs, add at least one foot all around for each (for good air circulation), and make your beds at least that wide. For instance, if the shrubs will mature to 3 feet in width multiply that by the number you will plant (3 times 3), then add one foot in front and behind each shrub for good air circulation (4 feet total). So, to accommodate 3 rows of 3 foot shrubs plus room for air circulation, you'll need a 12-13' wide flower bed. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"