Bermuda grass - Knowledgebase Question

pineville, No
Question by jigm1
Had my lawn sodded back in Jan. I was on the scott's maintenance program and my grass has grown alot,but I have lots of areas without growth. The grass is prob still dormant. My lawn is light green vs everyone elses being dark green. What can I do to make my grass all grow without putting a dent in my wallet.

0

The color of your lawn is dependent upon the types of grasses you are growing. In your region we recommend a mixture of both cool and warm season grasses so your lawn will be green for most of the year. In summer, warm season grasses will be green but cool season grasses will be dormant; in the cooler spring and fall months the warm season grasses will go dormant and the cool season grasses will green up. All turfgrasses will green up if you feed them with nitrogen but a feeding won't make a dormant grass come out of dormancy so that won't solve the problems with the bare areas. You can rake those areas and overseed them to help them green up or you can simply wait a few weeks until the cool weather brings it out of dormancy. Next month you can apply a winterizer type of fertilizer which will help your lawn green up and go into the winter months in a healthy state so it can green up earlier next spring.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"