Over water Hibiscus - Knowledgebase Question

gilbert, Ar
Question by taylorfields
I over watered my hibiscus. I have had it for approx 5 years and it has done very well. I had problem w/it before and you advised fertalizer and it was fabulus after, now it is dying left on slow drip for over 24hrs, forgot i had water on. what can I do to save it. I am so upset...my very first successful plant and my favorit. FYI red flower plant

0

If you only left the drip system on for 24 hours there's a good chance your hibiscus will recover from the flood. Plants are pretty forgiving in that respect. Just turn the system off (or plug the emitter(s) that provide water the hibiscus) and give the soil a chance to dry out. A day or two should be sufficient in this heat! Then hook up the system again and water as usual. Your hibiscus should recover and you should see some new growth in a week or two.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"