how do I resolve a 10x13 patch in my lawn? - Knowledgebase Question

Chicago, Il
Question by laurin3339
Is fall to late to us sod? If not how do I prepare the soil for the sod?

0

Fall is a good time to lay sod so I'd proceed with the project. Since sod has an established root system when it arrives all you'll need to do is make sure the roots make good contact with the soil after installation and the roots should readily penetrate and establish in your yard. To prepare for the sod, rototil or dig the area to loosen the soil and incorporate some compost or other organic matter to help the soil drain well and to provide some nutrients to the roots of the sod. Rake the area level, install the sod and then roll the sod with a lawn roller half filled with water. This will ensure the roots make good contact with the soil. Be sure to water as often as recommended by the sod grower. Best wishes with your new lawn.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"