Eugenia Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Brownsville, Te
Question by lcspumba
We recently went through a storm in Brownsville, Tx with heavy winds. My Eugenia Tree was badly tilted due to the winds. I decided to replant it to make it strait. Now it seems that the leaves are getting sad. Is there anything that I can do to make this beautiful tree survive? I added

0

It sounds as though your Eugenia suffered from some damaged roots during the storm and afterward when you straightened it back up. I would have done the same thing - you don't want a tilted Eugenia in your landscape! The good news is that the plant will replace the damaged roots but while it is doing so, it's likely to look a little puny because of the stress. About the only thing you can do to help it along is to water it on a regular basis and give it time to recover from the storm. By next spring it should be well rooted and have the strength to replace the damaged leaves. Best wishes with your Eugenia!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"