grubs - Knowledgebase Question

canton, No
Question by csc1034
we live on a golf course and they have grubs, the grubs have eaten alot of our lawn and we put down grub killer. We also have alot of weeds we never have had before. We need to reseed, do we put down weed killer before we reseed? Do we need to ariate our lawn also? Thank you

0

Grub control such as Grubex or Bayer Advanced Season Long Grub Killer are products that will help keep the grubs from migrating onto your lawn. You may want to apply a grub control again next year, just to make the control more complete. Grubs are the larvae of either craneflies or beetles, both of which can fly onto your lawn if there is a large population near your landscape so the blame isn't entirely the fault of the golf course... I'd use a weed killer to get rid of the weeds. Use a weed killer without pre emergence weed control and carefully read the label for any waiting periods that might be required between application and reseeding. Lawns can become compacted over the years, either from soil settling or from foot traffic. You can aerate your lawn in the fall or in the spring. I'd use a core aerator which removes plugs from the soil. You can either rake them up or leave the plugs on the grass - they will decompose in a few weeks with water from the sprinklers. After aerating, spread a thin layer of compost or sand over the lawn and water it in well. The sand or compost will work its way into the holes made when the plugs were removed with the core aerator. Then you can overseed the entire lawn. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"