Crimson Pygmy Barberry Bush is dying - Knowledgebase Question

Charlotte, No
Question by aacome1
My crimson pygmy barberry bush seems to be dying. I planted them 2 weeks ago and the leaves seem to be turning yellow and shriveling up. I am watering them every other day. I planted them in a spot where it gets partial sun.

0

It sounds as though your barberry bushes are suffering from some transplant shock. Once the roots become established you should see healthy new growth. I think you are overwatering, though, and that's probably what is causing the leaves to yellow. If the soil remains too wet the roots can actually suffocate so cutting back on the frequency of watering should help your shrubs. Try watering deeply every 4-5 days for the next two weeks, then reduce watering to once each week. I think your shrubs will perk up soon.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"