transplanting butterfly bush - Knowledgebase Question

Oceanside, Ne
Question by dmarino1
I want to transplant a butter fly bush some one gave me to put in my yard. how do I go about it.

0

You can transplant your butterfly bush this fall or early next spring. Expect the roots to be in the top 12-18 inches of soil, extending out to about the tips of the branches. Start your digging there and explore a little, trying not to sever any of the major roots. It's okay to cut through some of the feeder roots but you'll want to keep the main roots intact as much as possible. When you've unearthed the shrub, dig a hole as deep as the rootmass and slightly wider. Set the plant in the hole and make sure it is sitting at the same soil level as it was before (not too high, not too low). When you're satisfied with the depth of the planting hole, fill in around the roots with the soil you took out of the hole. Water it well to help settle the soil. Best wishes with the move!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"