Fungus Prevention - Knowledgebase Question

Massapequa, Ne
Question by iwharper55
This year my lawn was damaged by a fungus.I use the scotts 4 step lawn program.How do I prevent that from happening next year? Thank you.

0

Disease development is often associated with the lack of proper turf management practices. To keep your lawn as disease free as possible, water on a regular basis, feed according to schedule, and mow frequently during the growing season to keep the turf at the recommended height. If your drainage is poor or the soil is compacted, you can aerate your lawn. And, if thatch is allowed to build up it can slow drainage and air movement which makes lawns more susceptible to fungal diseases. Check the layer of thatch and if it is more than an inch thick, dethatch your lawn with a power rake. All of these practices will keep your lawn as disease free as possible. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"