Gardening - Knowledgebase Question

Philadelphia, Pe
Question by sywomack
I have a garden roll with wild flowers. My question is,I live in Philadelphia PA and I wanted to know is it too late to put the roll down know? Will the flowers grow before the bitter cold weather comes? Also will they grow back next year?

0

Fall is a great time to plant wildflower seeds because you mimic nature in that at the end of the summer, seeds from flowering plants drop onto the soil and remain there, ready to germinate in the spring. Like fall-seeded lawns, fall-planted wildflower seed has a chance to "settle" into your site during the winter, and is all ready to burst into growth in early spring. This is why fall-planted wildflower seed is up and in bloom about two weeks earlier than spring-planted seed. Don't expect any growth until next spring. Some wildflowers are annuals and some are perennials so I don't know if all your plants will come back year after year but there's a good chance that they will self-sow and you'll have new plants each year. Enjoy your wildflower garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"