guava trees - Knowledgebase Question

el monte, Ca
Question by Mrscaves76
when do guavas harvest? My guava tree has been producing fruit for about a month now but has not rippened. can the summer heat dry out the fruit before it rippens? sometimes I forget to water.

0

Guava are picked based on their intended use. Pink or red guava for fresh fruit consumption are generally picked when the peel turns light green to yellow. Fruit are then placed a room temperature and allowed to ripen (soften) before consumption. White guava intended to be eaten fresh is usually picked when full-sized and green to light green and eaten before becoming ripe (yellow peel and soft). Both ripe and green guava may be stored in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days before consumption. If your guava fruit is dried out, it is probably overripe - or it didn't get enough water while the fruit was forming and maturing. Enjoy your guava!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"