tulips - Knowledgebase Question

the colony, Te
Question by eclectic5353
I would love to have a small burst of tulips for the coming spring. I am thinking of ordering tulip bulbs to plant in this fall. Are the clay O.K for this venture or do I need to consider containers instead. If ground planting is ok do I need soil supplements?

0

Your tulips will perform best if they are planted in well amended soil. Planting them in containers filled with potting soil is the easiest approach but you still have time to amend a garden bed prior to planting. Just spread 4=5 inches of compost or other organic matter over the bed and dig it into the soil, to a depth of about 8 inches. Mix it in well, then level the soil. When your bulbs arrive, dig holes for the bulbs, sprinkle in a handful of bonemeal, then plant your bulbs. They should put on a spectacular display. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Aster and Sedum"