Niko Blue Hydrangea - Knowledgebase Question

Latham, Ne
Question by hines9
My Niko Blue hydrangea are 4 years old, this is the first time blooms have not been plentiful. Also blooms came up blue and quickly turned to grey. Am outside of Albany, NY could the hot weather cause this? I did treat with alum sulfide once in may/june. Wish I could send you a photo. I have had a lot of greenery but few blooms and the ones I have quickly turn a chalky color

0

I think the problem is weather related, especially if the entire plant looks healthy and only the flowers are affected. Pre-mature aging of the flowers can be chalked up to summer heat. If you find them unattractive, prune them off your plant. Next year your Nikko blue should develop those beautiful blue blooms and they should remain blue for many weeks. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"