Orange Tree - yellow leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Haines City, Fl
Question by myzero2
What might cause yellow leaves on my young orange tree? It gets plenty of direct sunlight, ample moisture and triple 12 fertilizer. No insects damage is apparent or disease on the leaves. Thanks for your advice.

0

Since citrus trees are evergreen, it's natural for some of the oldest leaves to eventually turn yellow and fall off the tree. If the yellowing leaves are scattered throughout the canopy, the yellowing leaves may be a natural part of renewal where the tree sheds the oldest leave. If the yellowing is throughout the canopy, it may be a nutritional deficiency. Even though you've been regularly feeding your lemon tree, it may not be able to take up the nutrients because of soil pH. It should respond well to a dose of chelated iron. I simply sprinkle Ironite in the watering well of my citrus trees. Use amounts as recommended on the label, which vary according to the size of the tree. Best wishes with your orange tree.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"