tomato plants - Knowledgebase Question

jersey city, Ne
Question by buckie124
I sort of just started gardening and I'm 15. I need help figuring out how to keep my tomato plant from dying before winter. And need to know its a container plant.

0

Tomato plants will adapt to growing in containers. A regular sized plant will need a 3 to a 5 gallon container to accommodate the roots; smaller patio type tomato plants will be happy in a two gallon container. Tomato plants are tender annuals and will die down when the weather gets cold. There's not much you can do to keep yours growing and producing fruit throughout the winter months, unless you have a greenhouse! Tomato plants need 6 or 8 hours of direct sunshine and warm temperatures in order to grow, flower and produce fruit. You'll need to plant new tomato plants (or seeds) next spring to have tomatoes next summer. Wish I had better news for you!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"