lemon tree - Knowledgebase Question

jacksonville, Fl
Avatar for pmazoch
Question by pmazoch
my tree is still small and i have had it a couple of years. the cold got it one year and it died down to the main trunk. will it ever produce any fruit

If frost got the branches but the trunk is still alive, the trunk should produce new branches. When those branches are a couple of years old, they should produce flowers and fruits. If you see no flowers, you will not get fruit. You can either wait a few years for the branches to develop and mature enough to flower, or you can simply replace the tree with a healthy new specimen. I think I'd vote for replacing the tree. While it may someday produce fruit, the setback from the hard freeze can add a few extra years to your waiting for fruit.

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Feverfew "

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.