Planting Problems - Knowledgebase Question

La Habra, Ca
Question by Joseph_264
I have planted both vincas and blue fescue in my front planter box and along the driveway. they are not doing well infact most are dieing. what did I do wrong and what is the solution to my probem?

0

Although transplanted perennials can go through some transplant shock until the roots establish themselves, it's unusual for an entire planting to be stressed enough to die out. Plants in containers can dry out quickly so it's important to make sure they're getting adequate water - on a daily basis, if necessary so be sure to check frequently. Aside from droughty conditions, newly installed plants can die if they are planted too deeply. Make sure when you plant that they are at the same soil level as they were growing in the containers. Wish I had more to suggest.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"