fall/winter shade loving annuals - Knowledgebase Question

Buckeye, Ar
Question by tofufingers
I'd like some recommendations for annuals to put in pots this fall/winter that will do ok in almost all shade. also wondering if now is a good time to plant kale, spinach, broccoli, or radishes? i will plant in pots most likely. (the veggies will be in sunlight)

0

October is the usual month for planting cool season crops. All can tolerate full sunshine during the cooler months of the year and all will grow well with just 4 hours of morning sun so choose the most convenient site for your veggies. Cool season annuals include pansies, ornamental kale, primroses, and snapdragons. If you have room, sweet peas also make attractive winter annuals but they'll need something on which to climb. I've successfully planted seeds in hanging baskets and allowed the vines to tumble down onto the patio. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"