weeping willow tree - Knowledgebase Question

Greensboro, No
Question by khollingswor
My weeping willow tree that I purchased and planted this spring looks healthy except that some branches have turned black and lost their leaves. The remaining leaves have thinned and there are black spots on them about 1/8

0

Many different types of fungi can attack the leaves of weeping willows. Generally they are not of concern when they appear at the end of the growing season. The affected leaves will fall from your tree and when they do, all you need to do is rake them up and dispose of them. This will cut down the amount of spores that can infect the tree next spring. Next spring you can spray the new foliage with a fungicide to prevent leaf spots. Spraying three times at two-week intervals with a copper fungicide (Hi-Yield Copper Fungicide, Ferti-lome Black Spot & Powdery Mildew Control) or mancozeb (Bonide Mancozeb Flowable) starting when the leaves begin to unfurl in spring will provide control. Be sure to read and follow all directions on the label.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"