Wilting Lavender - Knowledgebase Question

Pasadena, Ca
Question by elchiautla
I just transplanted a 1 gallon Coco Pink Lavender and a 1 gallon Trailing Rosemary plant into one pot. I used Organic Miracle Gro Soil, placed the pot in a sunny location in my tiny outdoor space, and watered them. Now my Lavender seems to be wilting. What can I do to save it?

0

Sounds like your lavender is suffering from a little transplant shock. It will perk up once it adjusts to its new home. In the meantime, set the pot in a shady spot so the summer sun doesn't further stress your plant. In about a week it should perk up and you can set it back in the sunshine. At that time you can prune off any dead stems or leaves. Be careful not to overwater. Wilting from transplant stress is not an indication your plant needs water. It just needs time to adjust and then it will look healthy and happy again.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"