Grubs in lawn - Knowledgebase Question

commack, Ne
Question by jimmargs
We have grubs. We put down a grub killer in august. We still havve to fertilize & seed. What steps do we have to take to take care of this problem. What months & how often do we apply grub killer.I know we have to rack out dry grass. What do we do with the grass that's green.

0

Grubs feed most actively in mid- to late-summer. After chewing the roots of the lawn they pupate and then turn into adults (either beetles or craneflies). The adults mate and lay eggs in the lawn. The eggs hatch into grubs that go deep into the soil during the winter and spring and then begin to surface and feed in mid-summer. The grubs are most susceptible to controls such as Grubed or Bayer Advanced Season Long Grub control products in the summertime. I'd go ahead and feed the lawn with a winterizer type fertilizer this fall and water and mow on a regular basis. Feed again in the spring and mow and water as usual. In early summer apply your grub control product and it should take care of the current generation. You may have to reapply the grub control product again the following year to maintain control. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"