lawn - Knowledgebase Question

commack, Ne
Question by jimmargs
I applied Spectracide triazicide insect killerin july & August. I still have grubs. Is this the right product to use. Should we apply earlier & more times.Should we apply now. & do we have to wait to seed & fertilize. If we have to wait after the grub application when do we seed & fertilize.

0

Spectracide's Triazicide Insect Killer eliminates japanese beetles and grubs, as well as many other types of insects. One application is all that's recommended on the label but timing is important. July and August should certainly have covered the period of time the grubs were close to the soil surface so the application should have eliminated the pests. You can overseed your lawn now and after you've mowed it twice you can apply a winterizer fertilizer. You may want to apply the grub killer again next summer just to make sure you've gotten all those pesky grubs.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Dahlia & Water Hyacinth"