Seed Garlic - Knowledgebase Question

phoenix, Ar
Question by gareid
Since you are Home Depot's expert figured I would ask you since they don't know in the stores. What time of year(month) does Home Depot sell seed garlic?

0

You can grow garlic from seeds - they are sold pre packaged in the seed racks inside the store. The seeds need a prounounced winter chill which is not something you can guarantee in Phoenix so it's best to purchase in the spring or summer and then refrigerate the seeds for planting in October. Or you can grow garlic from cloves which you purchase in the fall at garden centers. I've had success growing garlic from cloves I've purchased at a grocery store so if you want to get started now, just purchase a cluster of garlic cloves at your favorite grocery store, separate the cloves and plant each one in the garden.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"