Montauk Daisy - Knowledgebase Question

Sterling, Ma
Question by smrotti
I have what I believe is a montauk daisy plant...it did not blossom last year and now it looks ready to blossom but I'm concerned that it will fade with the frost...should this plant be cut back in the spring..it is really quite large and I had to tie it up..what can you tell me about this plant?

0

Montauk Daisy is a member of the chrysanthemum family and a close cousin to Shasta Daisy. It originally came from Japan. It grows best in full sunshine and the key to getting it to bloom earlier in the season is an annual spring pruning, with a second pruning in mid-summer.

If you do not prune your plant you'll get a shrub, perhaps three feet tall or taller, and just as wide, with fat stalks and beautiful late-blooming flowers. Make the spring pruning an annual chore, and you'll have a nice bushy plant year after year.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"