Pansies not yet planted need help - Knowledgebase Question

Elk Grove, Ca
Question by steamprocarp
I brought home 2 flats of pansies to plant in my courtyard, but I had some pre-work to do to get the soil prepped for the flowers and other plants. The pansy flats were left in an area that sees partial sun, and they were kept moist. After 4 days, I noticed the leaves wilting and the flowers were bending over. I gave them B1 w/water. What can I do to save them so I can plant them?

0

The best way to revive your plants is to get them planted! Their root systems are crowded right now and they are subject to reflected heat (and baked roots) if you leave them in the flats for any length of time - especially when they get direct sunshine. Go ahead and plant them, give them a week to settle in, the prune off the dead flower stems and any dead leaves. They should perk up for you in a week to 10 days after being planted. Good luck with your pansies!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"