fuji apple & fruit cocktail trees - Knowledgebase Question

Jacksonville, Fl
Question by kaygfox
I just planted a fuji apple and a fruit cocktail tree and they say they grow to 15 to 30 feet. If I keep it trimed to about 10 to 12 feet due to limitations will that hurt them. Tahnks

0

As long as you prune your trees on an annual basis, you can keep them smaller. The problem many gardeners encounter is they wait until the tree is very overgrown and then try to prune it back to a smaller size. Just prune yours each winter and they will flower right on schedule each spring and produce lots of fruit. I keep mine small by pruning the entire canopy with a hedge trimmer! They have thick, dense canopies and lots of fruit. You may prefer to prune yours selectively, shortening only a few of the branches rather than trimming them to the same length all over. Either way, the trees will remain small and will still produce. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"