Local nurseries in Austin, Texas - Knowledgebase Question

austin, Te
Question by rogerbh
I am interested in purchasing Thuja Green Giant and Dynamite Crape Myrtles. Would like to purchase these in the 5' to 7' heights. Are there any places locally here in Austin, TX that you might recommend for purchasing these. There are a bunch of online websites but not sure about the quality of the plants off those sites as well as the prices. Thanks.

0

I think the best approach is to contact your local cooperative extension office for recommended plant sources. Here's the contact info: Texas AgriLife Extension Service, 1600-B Smith Road Austin, TX 78721. Phone: (512) 854-9600. The City of Austin has a landscaping for water conservation program that lists partnering nurseries so I think these are a safe bet for quality trees at reasonable prices. Here's their website; http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/gro...

Hope this information is helpful.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"