Patching lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Oceanside, Ne
Question by dmarino1
I have zoysa lawn I have some (not zoysa) sod i bought and i would to use it to patch up some bald spots from fertilizer burn. does it matter if it is anther type i know the zoysa will grow over it.

0

You're right, the zoysia will eventually overtake other turfgrasses so if it's green you want and you don't want to wait for the zoysia to cover the bare areas, go ahead and cut the sod in pieces and plant it in the bare spots. Be prepared for the new turf to spread, though, either by roots and rhizomes or by seed production. You'll find it sprouting up in places you did not plant it. If this is unacceptible to you, why not cut some plugs from your existing zoysia and plant them in the bare spots instead of introducing a new grass species through the sod?

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Aster and Sedum"