ZOYSIA GRASS &WINTER MAINT- WHEN CAN I SEED - Knowledgebase Question

POOLER, Ge
Question by CLASSYSEVANS
WE HAVE ZOYSIA GRASS THAT WE GOT FROM SOD - WE HAVE A FEW SPOTS THAT ARE DYING OUT AND WAS WONDERING WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO SEED. HOW MUCH SHOULD I BE WATERING IN THE WINTER MONTHS FOR MY REGION - I WANT TO HAVE GREAT GRASS AND GREAT ROOTS - ANY ADVISE WILL BE GREAT- THANK YOU ~!

0

Your lawn will be happy with one inch of water per week. Check the rainfall amounts you've received before watering your lawn. If you get an inch or more of rain in a 7 day period, you won't need to water. If you get less, supplement the rainfall with water from the hose. One inch per week is all your lawn will need.

Zoysia will remain green if kept on a regular feeding schedule: The first application of fertilizer to zoysiagrass should be made in spring when the grass is 75 ? 100% green OR when soil temperatures are above 65 degrees F.

Fertilize zoysiagrass every seven weeks thereafter until mid-September. At that time, and no later, you may choose to apply a ?winterizer? fertilizer. It's important not to fertilize after mid-September.

Hope this answers all your questions.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"