St. Agustine/Floratam - Knowledgebase Question

Brownsville, Te
Question by lcspumba
Winter is around the corner, and I want my grass to look nice through the winter. Should I use Winterizer Fertilizer with high potassium or should I use an even number fertilizer or any fertilizer will do. My grass has lost some color. Reason for this is because I have a lot of fertilizer with high nitrogen left.

0

Fertilizer that's high in nitrogen will green up your lawn in a hurry. If you have 3-4 weeks of fair weather ahead, go ahead and use your leftover fertilizer. If frost is just around the corner, use a winterizer fertilizer instead. The low nitrogen, high phosphorous, high potassium winterizer formula won't green up your grass but it will strengthen the stems and roots which will help them overwinter and be ready to grow in the spring. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"