Grass.. St Aug problem - Knowledgebase Question

Groveland, Fl
Question by craigjac
I have some large spot of Grass in my yard where my St Augustine have been damage by insect last year. The insect problem has been address. But my lawn is still damage. How do I get the St. Aug. to grow in the bare spots. Can I buy and spread some seed. If so where can I purchase the seed. ...

Thank you

0

Growers have not yet been able to produce seeds for St. Augustine so you won't find any available in retail markets. The best approach to repairing the damaged spots in your lawn is to either take pieces from other areas of your lawn and plant them in the bare spots (the pieces will eventually fill in the spots), or to purchase some St. Augustine sod to plant in the bare areas. If you take narrow, long strips of turf from areas along fences or sidewalks and cut the strips into pieces to put in the bare spots in your lawn, you'll barely notice the areas where you removed the turf. Fall is a great time to do this. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"