Elberta Peach - Knowledgebase Question

Frisco, Te
Question by Z1nowar
I am going to plant an Elberta Peach tree in about a week...I was wondering what kind of fertlizing program I should do. I have Miracle Gro powder that gets diluted in water. Is that good? How frequent should I do it? Thanks!

0

Your new peach tree won't need to be fed until next spring. When it has finished flowering you can broadcast a slow release granular fertilizer beneath the canopy of the tree. The water soluable Miracle Gro is fast acting and best for annuals and perennials - it has no residual effect (because it is liquid) so it won't feed over a long period of time the way time release granules will. I'd use the Miracle Gro on annual and perennial plants and invest in a specially formulated Fruit Tree Fertilizer for your peach tree.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"